Draft steps – to be turned into a video..
Go To alignment for NexStar
• Level tripod
• Attach OTA
• Attach accessories (dew heaters, finders, diagonal, medium power eyepiece, etc. I highly recommend an illuminated cross hair eyepiece like the agenda 20mm….
• Connect power
• See finder alignment video
• Select align on HC
• Wait for GPS to connect or enter in your time, date and location
• Select Auto 2 star
• Select your first alignment star (This is where you need to have some knowledge of the night) by scrolling up or down in the list
• Center your first alignment star on your finderscope – for this first star you can unlock the altitude and azimuth clutches and move the scope manually but remember to lock the clutches again. Once centered, press the enter button. If you aligned your finderscope well, the star will in the field of view of your eyepiece
• Using the arrows of the HC, center the star with the final approach only using. The up and right arrows
• Press the align button once centered. If you don’t have an illuminated Cross hair EP, defocus the star so it becomes a donut, it will be easier the center the star in the EP this way.
• You’ll now be prompted for the second alignment star. Scroll through the list and select a visible star at least 60 degrees away from the first star. After the selecting the star and pressing enter, the scope will slew to where it thinkS the star Should be located
• Center the second star using only the arrows on the HC to move the scope, in the finder and click enter
• Using the arrows of the HC, center the second star with the final approach only using. The up and right arrows
• Press the align button once centered. Use the defocused star trick again if you don’t have an illuminated Cross hair E.
• The hand controller should now provide a message “alignment successful”